Managing Editor (Hong Kong)
Managing Editor, Hong Kong
Tatler Asia seeks a Managing Editor to join a growing editorial team based in Hong Kong overseeing the regional workflow of luxury news and features distributed in print and digital across Tatler’s eight markets: Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Thailand. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to multitask, strong planning skills, ability to work under pressure on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage regional content workflow from Hong Kong headquarters, routing copy between satellite offices and hubs on schedule
- Act as primary liaison between writers, editors, creative, and production departments
- Manage editorial freelance budget, invoicing, billing, and record-keeping
- Collaborate with editors and writers across all eight markets, acting as primary communicator and conduit of information between local markets and central team
- Work closely with production teams to manage the print production schedule in Hong Kong
- 2 years experience in a managing editor role at a print publication or 2 years in a logistics/workflow managerial role at a consumer-facing organization
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask and plan ahead
- Demonstrated grace under pressure and ability to work on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A team-player, solutions-oriented, optimization-oriented approach to workflow
- Strong interest in systems, publishing, and lifestyle editorial
Location: Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
We offer attractive remuneration and fringe benefits to the right candidates. Interested parties please send full resume, salary history, with expected salary to the HR Department via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.