Deputy Editor (Hong Kong)
The Deputy Editor of Hong Kong Tatler is responsible for managing the magazine’s day-to-day editorial operations, including editorial personnel and daily editorial workflow, to support the company’s overall goal to become the leader in Hong Kong’s conversation and news source of taste, luxury, and culture. This position reports to the Editor-In-Chief of Hong Kong Tatler.
- Partner with the EIC of Hong Kong Tatler to inform overall editorial strategy and help drive Hong Kong Tatler into developing a stronger digital presence.
- To generate, commission and execute editorial content that is interesting and sophisticated, of a world class standard while meeting clear output targets.
- Lead and continually optimise day-to-day Hong Kong editorial operations including scheduling online content uploads and managing SEO.
- Supervise, mentor and guide staff editors and external freelancers
- Edit stories to the highest standards of quality
- Manage deadlines and scheduling
- Manage the monthly editorial budget
- Collaborate closely with the regional social media team on Hong Kong content and content management.
- Monitor competitor sites and keep up to speed with digital and industry developments
- Source freelance contributors for the website and book
- To keep regular contact with PR’s, attending meetings and representing Hong Kong Tatler at press days and industry events.
- To work with the sales team to ensure brands are happy with editorial coverage, and to attend meetings when necessary.
- Image sourcing
- Close collaboration with the regional growth team
- To work with the creative team on content, images and production of the magazine.
- Optimise daily editorial operations, including day-to-day workflow and other processes,
- Expand and deepen content output in a timely manner
- Grow audience size and engagement across all platforms
The Ideal Candidate
– Deep experience with online editorial operations and daily workflow
– Must thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and perform under pressure with a strong sense of accountability and attention to detail
– Should have a good sense of the communities in Hong Kong and be able to weigh in on profile features
– Must be organized and work well with deadlines
– Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of an up-to-date news cycle
Location: Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
We offer attractive remuneration and fringe benefits to the right candidates. Interested parties please send full resume with expected salary to HR Manager, email@example.com
Applicants who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.