Data Engineer (Hong Kong)
An exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer to join us in evolving and expanding our brand reach across the Asia Pacific Region. The ideal candidate should have experience in data warehousing, and is able to design, develop, and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets via RESTful API integrations across internal and third-party applications. The candidate is expected to be based in Hong Kong.
- Collaborate with the product development team to maintain & evolve Elastic Search
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to design, develop and maintain a scalable & robust data management & backend storage solution
- Develop APIs with internal applications as well as third party applications such as Facebook, Instagram & Google Analytics to collect & process user activity data
- Integrate multiple data sources and databases to process, compute, and present business metrics in a consolidated Data Dashboard system
- Work with business intelligence team to continuously analyse data to inform product evolution process
- Work with design team to enhance visualization of collected data and business metrics.
- Keep up-to-date with new/current technologies and provide solutions to improve web applications
- Degree holder in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years solid experience in data analytics
- Solid working experience in Elasticsearch
- Proficient in Python, R, Scala or other tools appropriate for large scale data analysis
- Experience in Hadoop/ RabbitMQ/ Spark is desirable
- Ability to communicate and propose actionable insights & solutions to management and non-technical audience
- Experience in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Conversion Tracking and Event Tracking
- Experience setting up data management platform to receive data from multiple parties for analysis
- Experience designing & developing RESTful web services
- Self-starter who can investigate and apply new technologies with minimal direction
- Strong analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with other team members
- Good command of spoken and written English (and Cantonese is also preferred but not essential)
Interested parties please send full resume with expected salary to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.