Associate Editor, Generation T Asia (Hong Kong)
Associate Editor, Generation T Asia
Generation T, Edipresse Media Asia’s platform for young leaders, is looking for an experienced journalist to join its expanding editorial team. The successful candidate will produce content around the topics of entrepreneurship, social impact, technology, culture and wellness to inspire and inform its audience, with a heavy focus on digital content.
We are looking for a talented content producer with a flair for creativity, strong writing skills, impeccably high standards and an entrepreneurial mindset. The right person for the job will be comfortable working in a demanding, digital-first editorial environment across a range of platforms, and willing to enthusiastically tackle the challenges one faces when building an exciting new brand that traverses borders, languages and cultures.
- Conceptualise and pitch well-researched feature ideas that are designed to enhance the brand’s credibility among its audience and drive audience
- Produce original, insightful short- and long-form content for the Generation T website and e-newsletter.
- Produce engaging social media content with an authentic, intelligent voice that appeals to our audience and organically grows our social media channels.
- Produce and edit content for Generation T print products, and help oversee the production of these publications.
- Work with sponsors and advertisers on native and sponsored content ideas.
- Manage the creative direction of photo and video shoots.
- Contribute to event programming.
- Be a brand ambassador for Generation T, building a strong network of contacts in the process.
- A degree in journalism, or a related discipline.
- At least five years of journalism experience.
- Expertise in SEO.
- Exceptional story mining skills.
- Experience managing successful social media channels.
- A strong and diverse writing portfolio. Experience in covering business news and Asia’s startup scene is required.
- An eye for detail and high journalistic standards.
- A strong visual eye and shoot production skills.
- Good social skills.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrable proficiency with digital editorial tools, including (but not limited to) content management systems, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Wochit and Hootsuite.
Location: Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
Candidates must be willing to take a writing test. We offer attractive package. To apply, email your CV, salary expectation and five clippings of your published work to HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.